Our emotions reside physically in our bodies. On a subtle level, our bodies communicate with the energies around us, and certain energetic impulses usually relate directly to a certain part of the body and chakra that’s weakened or imbalanced.
HOW CHAKRAS GET BLOCKED
As the chakras spin, they attract to their core energy that is on the same vibrational frequency, all while taking energy at its core and sending it back to the frequency level. In other words, by its spinning motion, the throat chakra will draw any type of energy on its level, integrate it and spin it back out again.
Like attracts like. Whatever type of frequency the throat chakra is on, it will attract, spin it out and attract more of.
This is how energetic patterns are created and repeated over and over again. It’s exactly this never-ending attracting and repelling of the same energetic pattern that brings a chakra to be blocked.
The Throat Chakra as it suggests is located in the throat area and it is associated with communication and being true to oneself. It is represented by the colour blue.
The Sanskrit name for the fifth chakra is Visuddha, which means ‘purification’ or ‘pure’. This energy centre is all about self-expression, vibration, creativity and communication.
The Throat Chakra is connected to the way you express your life with utmost authenticity. It is about communicating your thoughts, feelings, and intentions clearly and accurately.
The energy of the Throat Chakra is having an awareness of your personal power, and knowing that no one outside of yourself has power over you and the choices you make. This personal power of choice if often referred to as free will.
This chakra is intimately connected to all your self-expression, so it affects (and is affected by) everything to do with communication.
The throat chakra can impact on all of the following:
- Your emotional honesty
- Whether you live an authentic life
- How well you handle conflict or confrontation
- The quality of your relationships
- Your ability to be heard
- Awareness of your needs
In other words, when your Throat Chakra is open, you’ll be great at making yourself understood. You won’t be a “people pleaser”. You’ll be able to say what you really want to say, but with tact. You’ll know what you need, and be able to state that out loud in a way that gets people to listen. This type of alignment in the throat chakra has a wonderful influence on both your personal and professional lives, as good communication is vital in all significant relationships.
When the throat chakra is disturbed, blocked throat chakra symptoms begin to emerge. This can happen any time you find it difficult to communicate with others, or anytime someone makes you feel like they’re not listening to you.
Throat Chakra Balancing LOVE Sign
Symptoms of a Blocked Throat Chakra
It’s normal to have throat chakra problems every now and again. Even when you become an expert at knowing how to balance your chakras you’ll still experience blockages sometimes.
In each case, however, you’ll experience tell tale throat chakra symptoms that let you know it’s time to deploy your most effective throat chakra balancing exercises.
In particular, look out for the following:
- Difficulty saying what you want to
- Lacking the vocabulary to describe your emotions
- Feeling like you’re holding onto too many secrets
- A sense that people don’t know the “real you”
Meanwhile, physical problems caused by a misaligned throat chakra can include one or more of the following:
- A sore throat
- Erratic fluctuations in hormone levels
- A stiff or achy neck
All chakras can develop minor blockages that are hard to understand, so it’s worth knowing some of the classic triggers for a blocked throat chakra.
The main examples revolve around painful experiences of communication. For example, your throat chakra can be pushed out of alignment by a cruel, negative appraisal at work, or by harsh words said in an argument. You are also more likely to develop this sort of blockage if you were raised to keep your feelings to yourself.
Throat Chakra Healing Meditation
Try this once a day for at least 10 minutes, but you may see improvements even if you only practice a few times a week.
Here’s what to do:
- Sit down in a comfortable chair in a quiet room.
- Inhale and exhale 10 times, as deeply as you can. Breathe in through your nose, and then exhale through your mouth.
- Starting at the top of your head, scan down the body and imagine your muscles relaxing as you go.
- When you’ve done this for your whole body, picture a spinning ball in a shade of blue (the throat chakra colour). See it sitting at the level of your throat, and imagine it glowing.
- See the blue sphere getting bigger and bigger, focusing on a feeling of openness and relaxation in the throat.
- Allow the energy to disperse through your body, and then open your eyes when you’re ready.
Essential Oils & The Throat Chakra
Throat chakra essential oils can be used to balance the fifth chakra and for expressing your unique voice and inspired creative sharing.
On the physical level, the throat chakra is associated with the thyroid gland, teeth and gums, the jaw, hearing, and nasal passages.
On the emotional level, throat chakra imbalances may manifest as excessive shyness, poor listening, gossiping, or dominating conversation.
On the mental level, someone with a throat chakra imbalance may be unable to think abstractly or in symbolic language, and may have difficulty expressing themselves and communicating their needs or desires.
On the spiritual level, throat chakra issues may show up as blocked creativity, inability to sense subtle energies, and disconnection from the divine and inner spirit.
Essential oils embody the frequencies and healing properties of plants. These frequencies and properties work on all levels of being.
The following are the most commonly used throat chakra essential oils:
Frankincense is one of my favourite throat chakra essential oils. It has a high spiritual frequency and it is regarded as Holy oil.
For throat chakra healing, this oil is beneficial in cases of under active thyroid. I have read a number of reports when people have healed their thyroid disorder with the use of Frankincense essential oil.
Rich, deep, and sweet, Frankincense increases spiritual awareness and connection with the divine within.
Sweet and citrus-rosy, Geranium is used to calm down sore throats, clear oily skin, and move stagnant energy in the body.
Creating a feeling of safety and security, Geranium helps us to connect with our inner life and our emotional sensitivity. With this connection, we have more capacity for intimate communication and self-expression.
Minty and sharp, peppermint has long been used to freshen breath, for respiratory infections, and to ease headaches due to congestion.
Peppermint invigorates and stimulates the mind and has a direct action on the intellect. It promotes creativity and self expression.
Fresh, medicinal, with a woody scent, Eucalyptus has been used to calm inflammation of the nasal passages, clear sore throat, and sinusitis.
The oil promotes well-being and opens inner space when we feel overwhelmed or constricted by our environment. It promotes the feeling of inner freedom and expansiveness.
Sage has been known in ancient time as a sacred herb and a master healer. For throat chakra issues, this oil is particularly beneficial to heal gum disease.
On an emotional level, the essential oil of Sage helps to ease depression and mental fatigue, opening up channels in the upper body and chest area and allowing for energy to flow more freely.
Cypress is known for its decongesting and detoxifying properties. It is used to stimulate the flow of lymphatic fluid, clearing build up toxins.
It is beneficial for bleeding gums, bronchitis, and respiratory congestion.
Warm and very spicy, Clove is a very strong oil that has been traditionally used for mouth, tooth, and gum tissue healing.
Clove can also be used to assist in regulation of the thyroid gland, dissolving blood clots, and removing stagnation in the blood.
On an emotional level, the aroma of clove helps to create feelings of protection and safety and promote good sleep.
Tea Tree (Melaleuca)
Teal Tree oil has a fresh medicinal aroma and has been used for thousands of years to treat a variety of fungal, bacterial and viral infections. The oil is a strong antiseptic and has immune building properties.
Tea Tree oil enhances, harmonises, and can promote cleansing and purity.
Known as an aphrodisiac, Jasmine is also known as one of the throat chakra essential oils for its effect on the voice. It is used in cases of hoarse voice.
Penetrating the deeper layers of our soul, Jasmine opens us up to repressed emotional pain, allowing energy flow through the throat chakra.
With its sweet, powerful, floral aroma, Jasmine allows for greater communication of our feelings, enhancing relationships and intimacy.
Lavender as Throat Chakra Essential Oil
Lavender is an adaptogenic essential oil, it works wherever it is needed.
The essential oil of Lavender is beneficial for all seven chakras.
For throat chakra healing, on a physical level, Lavender is useful to heal mouth abscess and oral thrush.
On an emotional level, Lavender promotes peace, love, and awareness. When we feel love in our hearts and peace, deeper layers of emotional pain can surface to our conscious awareness. This is necessary for clearing of the repressed energy and allowing free flow through the throat chakra.
Chakra Foods List And Diet Suggestions
These are some chakra foods that promote overall openness and balance.
Think of wholegrain foods like brown rice, along with reducing overall sugar intake. However, there are also more precise dietary changes you can make to target specific chakras.
Here are some of the popular throat chakra healing foods:
- Blueberries: Perhaps unsurprisingly (given their blue hue), blueberries are among the most potent foods for the throat chakra. They can be mixed with blackberries and coconut to create a delicious, healing smoothie for the throat chakra. Try consuming it when you know you’re going to have to have a challenging conversation!
- Fruits that grow on trees: Apples, oranges and all other fruits that grow on trees are traditionally associated with the throat chakra. Experts say this is because these foods symbolize authenticity (due to the fact they only fall from their tree when they’re ready to eat).
- Simple spices: Add salt, lemongrass or ginger to foods when you’re trying to heal the throat chakra. All of these promote clear self-expression.
Throat Chakra Affirmations To Use
Any time you say an affirmation that feels honest and accurate, you’re promoting a healthy throat chakra.
That being said, chakra healing practitioners do advise that you also consider adding targeted throat chakra affirmations to your list. Here are some useful ones to consider:
- I can vocalise my emotions, no matter what they are.
- My voice is important in this world.
- I honour my true voice, and I let it speak.
- I am an empathetic listener
- When I speak, my contributions are honest but balanced.
- I can find the right words in all situations.
- Others hear my voice.
- I speak my true thoughts with ease.
- Let go of doubt about the word I ‘should’ have said.
- I am always understood by others.
- I hear and speak the truth
- I am expressing myself with clear intent
- Creativity flows in and through me
- I am an important voice in the world and my voice is heard
- I speak my truth clearly
- I love to share my experiences and wisdom. I know when it is time to listen
- I listen to my body and my feelings to know what my truth is
- I am safe and trust others to allow me to express myself truthfully
- I express my love and goodness each time I speak
“Are you used to being accommodating, rather than saying what you want?”
If the answer is “Yes” then why not consider using one of our Throat Chakra Crystal Healing Pyramids to help you in balance and realign your Throat Chakra? We have a huge selection of crystal healing spiritual tools, all personally hand crafted by us to suit all budgets ….
Available at MBS Wellbeing Events we attend and on our website https://mymegb.com
Connect with us on Facebook https://facebook.com/mysticalmessengers
For any more information on any of our Crystal Healing creations or doTERRA 100% pure essential oils please message us and we will be more than happy to help.